Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thankful: Day 9


encouragement from the Word
The book of Ephesians has been a big encouragement to me recently!  It has been a great book to read as I study what “church” is…especially within a cross-cultural context.  I have been blessed to be a part of a house fellowship over the past few weeks and it has radically impacted my view of church and the Bride of Christ!  I am thankful for Paul’s epistle to us that teaches me so much about the unity that is desired for believers so that the Truth may go forth into the world!
Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.  There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. (Ephesians 4:1-7)
thankful:
I am incredibly thankful to have all five of my senses (touch, taste, sight, hear, and smell) to fully experience and learn about the culture around me!  I cannot imagine being a blind or deaf person in this culture (or any culture) and missing out on all of the things that my eyes and ears and nose allow me to experience!  Way too often I take all of these abilities for granted as I thoughtlessly use each of my senses throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips