Saturday, December 11, 2010

Last Saturday...

No sleeping in for me this morning (I have treasured that on Saturday mornings) – I got up and then got ready in a hurried frenzy (15 minutes flat to be exact) to go to a ladies tea on the other side.  I was blessed to hitch a ride, in a real car and not a bus! It had been weeks since I had done that and I almost forgot how much I like just riding in a car!!  And, on the way it started snowing!!!  It was on the highway just as we were coming around the corner to see the bridge – one of my favorite views of the city (and with snow!!!) – it made me squeal!  The ladies tea was wonderful, and so encouraging!  I got to see a good friend and be encouraged by Truth that was spoken!  Then, for the afternoon I walked down the street (in the snow!! – still exciting, even though it’s not cold enough to stick) to Starbucks – I had somewhere to be later tonight so it was too far to go all the way home.  In the meantime I knocked a few things off my to-do list and  got to have my FINAL Skype date with Michael. Hallelujah! The next time I see his face will be in person! Today was a perfect coffee shop day – cold outside, but warm inside and a chance to get a hot drink. Later tonight, Sarah and I went to a Christmas party with the conversational English club that we have been helping with this semester – we watched “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” ate some food, decorated sugar cookies, and played some games, including a competition to see what team could make the tallest free-standing Christmas tree from 66 drinking straws – my team won, thanks to the engineer major we had on our team!!  It was a great night, even though bittersweet as Sarah and I had to say the first of our good-byes to some of our good friends that we have made!  It was sleeting when we left to come home.  As Sarah and I were trekking through the sleet to the metrobüs, we had to dodge lakes of water all over the walking paths. My heart is beginning to be filled with mixed emotions as I think all that the next week will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips