Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful: Day 4


sunrise on an airplane
I thought that a picture on a plane was very appropriate for today since it marks the 12 week mark that I have been living overseas! WOW! Sarah and I saw this sunrise on the plane this morning as we were flying out of Paris on our way “home” to our huge city in Central Asia. We have seen the sunrise from the air twice this week…not something that I can say very often (or actually ever). It was beautiful to see God’s handiwork spread all across the sky. My favorite was watching the colors change all across the broad horizon - it was crisp, clear and perfect! Paris was wonderful, but it is good to be “home” again… :)

thankful:
I am thankful that the city that I live in has grown to feel like home to me for the four months that I am living here.  I really began to realize this as I was walking through the airport after returning from Paris and found comfort in the fact that I knew exactly where I was going and was excited to hear Turkish coming out over the loudspeakers…and that I recognized so much more than I did 12 weeks ago when I first arrived in the same airport for the first time!  I am so thankful that I love this city so much and that God has given me contentment in living here and a joy to call this my home for the next 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips