Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thankful: Day 16


new friends
Today was potentially one of the most encouraging and joy-filled days of my life!  Turkish hospitality is truly an art and I am so thankful to have been able to learn and experience small portion of it this week while spending a few days in a Turkish village on an island in the middle of the sea.  Today, we were invited into two seperate Turkish homes to be their guests of honor.  Nothing else could have made their day, and nothing else could have made my day either than to sit and watch them serve their best.  Jess & I made wonderful friends…I hope I can see them again sometime!  I even had Türk kahvesi (Turkish coffee) for the first time today and enjoyed it…I felt very Turkish drinking it today!

thankful…
I am thankful that God sent His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to be the perfect sacrifice to pay the debt that I could never come close to paying on my own.  Jesus Christ was the lamb that was perfect and spotless, without blemish, that covers the sins of the world, once and for all.  There is nothing that I can do to make Him love me more or accept me.  Because of the sacrifice of His Son, the Father sees me as righteous in His sight. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips