Friday, November 5, 2010

My Passion


I love sunsets.

I love this city that i call my home for 4 months.

It’s at sunset that I really notice the minarets pop up on the mosques all over the horizon.  There are hundreds of them…too many to count.  It is far too easy to become accustomed to hearing the five times daily call to prayer and walking past cami’s all around the city.  I don’t want my heart to become numb to the lostness around me.

This afternoon, I was sitting at a Starbucks along the water where I could see the city crawling up and down the shoreline.  The sun began to set and the sky changed into shades of pink and the minarets began to pop up.  I saw them and my heart was heavy.

I love sunsets, especially here.  I love them because they remind me of why I am here..of the passion that the Father Himself burned into my heart.  He gave me a heart for this city and this country and gave me a gift of four months to live here.  I love it!  My heart is full of thanks and gratefulness for the opportunity to live here.

I want to learn to pray.  To pray without ceasing.  When I hear the call to prayer and see the minarets, I want to be reminded of the gift God gave me freely and the story that I have to share with those who have never heard.  My greatest desire would be to see this country radiating with light…true light…that is lit and and kept aflame by the joy and salvation of the Lord.  I would love to see light bursting forth because of the message of the cross!!

Please pray for the country of Turkey that the light of the Father would shine forth and that believers would rise up and boldly share about the Truth that sets us free.  Please pray that God’s name would be made great in this country and that bold followers of Christ would be raised up from this generation to share the Good News!


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips