Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pumpkin Cookies

Every fall my family makes pumpkin cookies (sometimes I think they would be better described as jack-o-lantern cookies so as not to be confused with pumpkin-flavored cookies, which they are not).  I was missing fall and was feeling ambitious so I ventured to the store and found the ingredients that would create a familiar cookie to me…and persevered through the afternoon to conquer one thing on my bucket list for the fall: make pumpkin cookies while living overseas.

Success.  I was very pleased with the result :)

Traditionally, we frost sugar cookies with orange frosting and use green gumdrops for the stem, M&M’s for the nose and eyes and raisins for the mouth…but, seeing as my current location does not offer any of the above candies I decided I could break tradition this fall.  I improvised and justified my lack of food coloring by the fact that there are indeed white pumpkins in the world!










No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips