Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thankful: Day 21


fight for joy
Today in house group we finished studying the book of Philippians.  It has been an incredible encouragement to me to walk through an expository teaching on this book of the Bible.  It has encouraged me to fight for joy in all circumstances in my life - to pursue the joy that sustained Paul in prison and the joy that I have in because of the impact of the Gospel on my life! I could keep writing so much about what I have learned over the past few weeks…I will probably (hopefully) write a more thorough blog soon…It has been encouraging as well to study the book of Philippians in the context of a body of Christ consisting of seven members right now.  I love reading the letters to the churches in light of that context - it really brings to life when Paul writes to encourage the churches to stay strong!
I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.  And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the Gospel.  For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowlege and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.  Philippians 1:3-11
thankful…
I am thankful for e-mail to be able to communicate with friends and family at home.  I really cannot imagine being unable to talk on Skype or not being able to send a quick e-mail letting people know how my day was at home. I know that too often I take my internet and e-mail for granted and forget that even just a generation ago, people living overseas had to wait several weeks before getting a letter from their loved ones overseas to hear how they are doing.  I was reminded of this last night when a letter I mailed over a month ago finally arrived in America!!  I am so thankful for quick and timely communication while living thousands of miles away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips