Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thankful: Day 20


homeade carrot cake
One of the things I have really enjoyed about living overseas is the challenge of learning to cook.  I have probably learned more about cooking and how to grocery shop and cook from scratch in the past three months than in all my time in America previously.  There are no shortcuts to take in cooking here and sometimes it takes extra time, but it is always rewarding to create something from scratch!  I have also gained a greater appreciation for mom’s who faithfully prepare homeade meals for their families each day…I have so much to learn and am excited to keep learning new things about cooking for the rest of my life :)  Today I made a homeade carrot cake for the first time (I’ll add cream cheese frosting tomorrow morning)…so far, so good…hopefully it will taste good :)

thankful…
I am thankful for the ability to learn…through so many different avenues: reading, talking with others, experimenting, etc.  There are so many opportunities all day long to read and to learn.  I have enjoyed reading during many of the hours that I have spent on public transportation over the past few months.  I have enjoyed talking with people with all sorts of backgrounds and getting to know them.  I enjoy experimenting with new things in the kitchen as I have learned how to cook while living here. The list goes on and on…

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips