Sunday, December 12, 2010

Last Sunday...

One of the first things I realized today when I wrote the date today is that I have officially been here for four months today!  And on that four month anniversary, it was also the first day of good-byes. So bittersweet.  I had to say good-bye to the two families in our house group – both couples and their four (soon to be six) children combined have been such a blessing to me over the past couple of months that I have had the privilege of worshipping with them and getting to know them.  We took our house group this morning to see a Christmas musical at one of the international fellowships in our city.  And bonus! Jess was singing in the choir so we got to see her too!  After church, our whole house group went and got kumpirs for lunch! I was starving and they were delicious!  It was freezing cold today – so thankful now that I do have my winter coat, gloves and hat!  This afternoon, I made my final airport run before I go to take myself to the airport early Friday morning.  Sarah and I also went this evening to say good bye to our supervisors – they are precious and I will miss them a lot! It was fun to sit and drink çay with them tonight.  Since I will be in Asia for meetings for the next three days, I decided to start attacking the packing process today – I know myself well enough that I either need to tackle that job and get it all done at once or it will surely come undone.  So, I have picked out my outfits for the next four days and sorted everything out and put it all in suitcases – it’s truly a miracle it all fit back in there, even with the extra stuff I have accumulated over the past four months.  So now, suitcases packed – I’m exhausted from being gone all day for the last several days…time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips