Friday, December 17, 2010

Delayed

I'm still here.
After 13 hours (the amount of time it should have taken me to get all the way back to America) in the airport today, I finally got out and came back to my apartment until my DIRECT flight leaves on Sunday afternoon.

We arrived at the airport at 3:30am this morning for our initial flight to Germany, only to find that it had already been CANCELLED because of weather.

They re-routed me and put me on another flight later that morning on another airline...the next several hours were spent getting on and off that plane and after several delays, it was finally cancelled as well.

I finally realized I had to find plan B to get home.

Looooong story short, I spent HOURS and HOURS of trying to get someone to understand my dilemma & why I had partial boarding passes - so little paperwork that I could not even get through customs.

I had moments that I felt like I was living out the movie "The Terminal" - not cool.

Even though I am delayed two days, I was so relieved to finally get out of that airport and for once, knew where I was going. Praise God my roomate was home so I could get in.

P.S. I don't even have my checked luggage with me (thank goodness I always pack an extra change of clothes in my carry-on bag)...keeping my fingers crossed it will somehow get home with me on Sunday. I actually couldn't even say for sure what country my luggage is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips