Monday, October 25, 2010

Light


For it is You who LIGHT my lamp; the Lord my God LIGHTENS my darkness.  Psalm 18:28 
The Lord is my LIGHT and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1 
For with You is the fountain of life; in Your LIGHT do we see LIGHT.  Psalm 36:9 
LIGHT dawns in the darkness for the upright; He is gracious, merciful & righteous. Psalm 112:4 
The unfolding of Your Word gives LIGHT; it imparts understanding to the simple.  Psalm 119:130 
The sun shall be no more your LIGHT by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give you LIGHT; but the Lord will be your everlasting LIGHT, and your God will be your glory. Your sun shall no more go down, nor your moon withdraw itself; for the Lord will be your everlasting LIGHT, and your days of mourning shall be ended. Isaiah 60:19-20 
Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; why I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a LIGHT to me.  Micah 7:8

Sometimes finding LIGHT is really hard.  Of the millions of people that live in my backyard here, there is so much darkness.  It is overwhelming.  The Father has burned in me a passion for this country and this great city.  I have fallen in love with the people here and I will never forget their faces.  I want to tell them of the hope that I have.  I want it to be contagious. I want them to recognize what pure and radiant LIGHT is so that they may have a hunger to pursue it.  I want them to be filled with everlasting joy!

There are dozens upon dozens of references in the Word to LIGHT and as I read through them, I am overwhelmed with the reminder that the LIGHT that is spoken of in the Word is a symbol of life.  Each life that burns brightly is a life that has been touched by the radiant and glorious LIGHT of the Father.  My desire is that this city would be consumed with LIGHT and burn brightly for all the world to see!  I want LIGHT to consume this place - to drive out darkness - and that the LIGHT would flow forth from here into all the world.  I would have no greater joy than seeing brothers and sisters from here worshipping around the throne one day!

I am thankful for the LIGHT that I have been blessed to encounter.  It blesses my heart immensely to meet nationals who have chosen to follow LIGHT and run from darkness!
You are the LIGHT of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lamp stand, and it gives LIGHT to all who are in the house. Let your LIGHT shine before me in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.  Matthew 5:14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips